Total Pageviews

Friday, July 31, 2009

"Team Pena" // Livestrong shirts have arrived!!


Hi Everyone!!
As most of you know by now Jose, I and the boys are raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation through participating in 3 events totaling 167.8 miles. To read and learn more about the Lance Armstrong Foundation you can to to:
What will we be doing?
As a family we will individually participate in the following events:
1) October 10, 2009 - Jose will be competing in the Ironman World Championships in Kona, HI. This race is considered one the toughest endurance events in the world. He will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles. This is a very exclusive event as you have to qualify to race here or get in through the lottery, which is how Jose got in. Out of 7,000 lottery applicants, 150 U.S. participants were selected to come race there, which Jose was one of. It is really every triathletes dream to race in Kona.
2) Our sons, Joey and Nico will be participating in the Marathon Mile at Legoland, CA on January 23, 2010 along with any friends/family whom wish to join them. They are supporting all the children out there fighting cancer.
3) Marion (myself) will complete her very first marathon on January 24, 2010 in Carlsbad, CA. I have never ran a marathon before and am nervous about the distance. But, I have been training for 6 weeks already and have 6 more months to go. I have joined a training group and am very committed to making this happen. My goal is to raise awareness and to honor those in my life whom have been affected by cancer. Those that have survived and those that are currently battling cancer. It is just something I HAVE to do.
Please, help us fight the "Fight against Cancer" by purchasing one of our shirts that I specifically designed for this effort. You can see us wearing them in the picture above. For a $20 donation, you will receive one of our "Team Pena" shirts including a LIVESTRONG wristband. There is noone I know that can say they have not been touched by cancer one way or the other. Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
For more information, you can also visit our personal fundraising website at:
If you wish to order a shirt, please e-mail me at: marionandjose@hotmail.com and I can send you a mock up of what they look like. I am trying to upload a photo on this site too.
Thank you again to everyone who is supporting us. We really appreciate it and cannot thank you enough!!!
"Team Pena"

No comments: