Total Pageviews

Friday, June 12, 2009

RoPa Run 2010 - 530km Relay Race from Paris - Rotterdam

I am very proud to report today that my brother, Gert, whom lives in Holland, will be participating in the RoPa Run next year in May 2010. What is RoPa Run you ask? Well, let me tell you......
RoPa Run is the longest non-stop relay race in the world. It's not only a unique running event but also has a unique goal: Raising money for Cancer Victims, aiming to add life to the days that remain, when no more days can be added to life. The first race was held in 1992. RoPa Run is an abbreviation of Rotterdam-Paris-Run. The route covers approx. 530 km (330+ miles) The race starts in Paris and ends, 3 days later, in Rotterdam. (The Netherlands). There are about 250+ teams that participate each year and raise millions for this wonderful cause. Each team consists of 8 runners and additional support staff whom will help the runners on this tremendous and challenging journey. It is bound to be difficult, but each year people come together again to do this wonderful thing. I am so proud of my brother, Gert, for accepting this challenge. Most of all, I am happy for the cause. He will be running in honor of his father-in-law, whom passed away from cancer just a few years ago. I am sure we are all touched by someone one way or the other, whom is fighting this horrible disease. I am always so encouraged when I see wonderful people doing such wonderful things. Thank you!!

No comments: