Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2009 Ford Ironman World Championships

Hello everyone!!
Well, as you can see from the video I posted below, we found out today that Jose was chosen to compete in this years Ford Ironman in Kona, Hawaii on October 10th, 2009! I still cannot believe it and had to look on the site several times to make sure his name was still on there!! Hahha...
Jose decided to enter the lottery this past February and was just going to see what would happen. It really is such a long shot to get into this race, but surely every tri-athletes dream. What an honor for Jose to be able to compete alongside the best tri-athletes from all over the world.
This race is recognized as one of the most in-demand athletic events in the world. Nearly 60,000 athletes vie for one of the 1,800 coveted slots to the Ford Ironman World Championship, taking place in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii each year. And I just cannot believe that my hubby, Jose, has one of the coveted spots. It is amazing and I am so happy for him. More than 7,000 entries were received for the lottery this year. And only 150 U.S. entries were awarded a slot, which one of was for Jose. Wow!! This is unbelievable and I am going to wake up tomorrow wondering if I have dreamt the whole thing :0)
The training schedule will be crazy, but all worth it once I am given the opportunity to watch my husband and daddy to Joey & Nico cross that finish line on Alii drive. All safe and in one piece of course, as I always pray for. :0)

2 comments:

Gert Bralten said...

Holy cow, thats great news!!! I would love to come with you, thanks for asking!!! Hugs and kisses from "Running Team Bralten"

Zoila Gomez said...

How exciting! I bet Jose is just as happy as a little kid with a new toy :)
Jose loves challenges and is always finding ways to remain active in any sport- I am alredy predicting a great race and a wonderful time as a family- Great thing he has a fabulous team (His wife and two kids) behind the scenes that supports him 100%- En hora buena, Felicidades!